Ayurvedic home remdies for good sleep:
Who wants to start their day with irritability and fatigue?
Obviously, no one, one of the main reasons for irritation and mood swings is lack of quality sleep and you may experience impaired memory as well. we are here to give you knowledge on Ayurvedic home remedies for good sleep. And lack of sleep causes a negative impact on our daily lifestyle. Many insomnia sufferers face difficulties like concentration, focus, and fatigue and feel lazy. Moreover, it also starts deteriorating our health and worsens pre-existing health conditions or creates new ones.
Now with plethoras of sleep aids and medications available on the market, it could be tough to resist the temptation not to pop a pill for your insomnia. But choosing this option can also be problematic (as it should always be done) under the careful eye and guidance of medical professionals), you can try some ayurvedic remedies to cure your insomnia and give it a healthy try to the experiment. The cure won’t be visible as quick as pills but can be effective in the long term if you have patience. It usually involves changes in your lifestyle and consistency.
Ayurvedic home remedies for good sleep:
There are various tips mentioned in Ayurveda to improve your sleep.
Here are some ayurvedic tips that should be followed to get rid of stress, boost your immune system and get proper sleep.
They are as follows :
1. Cultivate a disciplined sleep schedule
You should keep a disciplined cycle for sleep. Go early to bed which gives you enough time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. The perfect time to go to sleep is 9-10pm.
2. Eating habits -What we consume also defines and affects our sleep. Ayurveda recommends you should have your dinner early between 6:30pm-7pm. After dawn, our digestive system starts to cool down and get slow. You can improve your digestion by eating light and early meals.
It is advantageous for your sleep quality. While eating, avoid talking, reading books or watching TV and any other activities focus on your meal.
3. Oil massage -In Ayurveda oil massage is a primary part used in the treatment of sleep disorders and stress issues. Massage your feet with oil, there are nerve endings in your feet that are nourished because of oil massage. As a result, you will see a drastic improvement in your sleep. You can also use lavender-scented candles and various herbal oils as they are very helpful to improve your sleep and give you quality sleep.
4. Pranayama – It is one of the most effective ways to get proper sleep and cure insomnia. In Ayurveda, it is said that several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “Pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind and calms down your nervous system as well. You will probably get deeper and longer sleep of high quality.
5. Ashwagandha and a warm glass of milk – For centuries ayurvedic herbs, several other food, and fruits are used to improve and treat insomnia.
As it is mentioned that ashwagandha has the goodness to treat people for problems like stress, anxiety, and exhaustion. The miraculous herb of Ayurveda also helps cure sleep deprivation. Add one tablespoon of ashwagandha and Brahmi powder to two glasses of water. Boil the solution and then reduce it to one glass and drink it daily at least once for the best result.
Warm milk is the best sleep supporter.
It contains the amino acid tryptophan which converts into serotonin. And serotonin is known to induce calming effects in the brain. You can add a pinch of turmeric and nutmeg in milk and drink it before going to bed.