Natural Home Remedies for Cold & Cough/ सर्दी और खांसी के लिए प्राकृतिक घरेलू उपचार
If you do need to treat your cough and cold, a home remedy might be better than medicine. Fortunately, it is easy to treat coughs and colds in small children without using these cough and cold medicines. While there is no magical method for eradicating coughs and colds overnight, you can manage their symptoms and help your baby rest for a bit. Below are listed some amazing Natural Home Remedies for Cold & Cough.
Natural & Ayurvedic home remedies for Cough & Cold:-
- Cough drops, lizenges, and even a piece of hard candy may soothe a burning sensation in older children. Honey can ease coughs in adults and children older than age. Use Honey To soothe a cough, give children aged 1 or older 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of honey, if needed. Mix 2 teaspoons (tsp) of honey in hot water or an herbal tea for cough.
- Have the mixture with lemon two times per day for treating common colds and coughs. Drink water that is lukewarm at frequent intervals, because this helps to combat common colds, coughs, and strep throat. Water might seem weird, but this fun drink helps to ease the common cold and cough! Essential oils are another wonderful home treatment for the common cold and cough.
- Among its many health benefits, ginger is known for soothing common colds and accelerating recovery. Another effective home remedy for the common cold and cough is the lemon, cinnamon, and honey mix. Ginger root is used in Chinese Traditional Medicine for treating coughs, as well as colds that are accompanied by a runny nose with a clear nasal discharge, headache, aches, and pains of the neck and shoulders, and a white coating on the tongue. Ginger root is another folk medicine for coughs, colds, and strep throat.
- Ginger, Black pepper, Betel leaves & Tulsi for treating Cold & Cough – Boil all four of the herbs in 1cup of water and let it boil until it’s reduced to half. Drink this solution by adding a little jaggery. Consume this ayurvedic drink 2 times a day.
- If you are feeling suffocating so much you cannot sleep at night, try hot tea, which is an ancient treatment. If you are suffering from common coughs and colds, make sure to stay hydrated, since a fever can cause dehydration. The best way to beat the fasting from the cold is to stay at home, rest, drink lots of liquids, gargle with salt water, take over-the-counter medicines, and keep your air moist.
- To help kids sleep through the cold, use a hot iron to warm up their bedding so that their bedding is nice and warm. If you have taken an over-the-counter cough or cold product already, but you are still in need of a bit of relief, try spooning some honey. If your baby is a year old or older, honey with a squeeze of lemon juice may naturally soothe the aching throat.
- Drinking warm water may offer throat relief, and eating soups and fruit juices may help you keep hydrated. A cold treatment used by many cultures, drinking hot liquids, like Veg soup, tea, or hot apple juice, may soothe and may relieve congestion by increasing the mucus flow. The risks of using these medications are greater than any benefit that medicine may provide for relieving symptoms of the common cold.
Common mistakes people make while having cough & cold which result in more difficulties.
- Sitting under a fan – As soon as we sit under the fan, our head starts getting heavy due to which our sinuses get enlarged and our throat gets sore.
- Taking a bath as soon as you wake up – One must avoid taking bath immediately after waking up. Firstly, we should complete all our daily activities, drinking warm water, going for a walk, and exercising.
- Avoid all aerated drinks and frozen & packed foods.