Top 5 health benefits of ayurvedic herbs & spices
Top 5 health benefits of ayurvedic herbs & spices. Ayurveda is an ancient Indian healing system that focuses on balancing the mind, body, and spirit. Ayurvedic herbs are used for various reasons which are:-
- They are meant to cleanse the body.
- To defend against disease
- To balance the mind, body, and spirit.
Ayurvedic herbs and spices are also an important constituent of this approach. They help to protect your body from disease and serve a wide range of health benefits, including improved digestion and mental health.
Here are the top 5 ayurvedic herbs & spices with health benefits:-
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) also known as the “Indian winter cherry” is an everlasting shrub that is found in India, Africa, and parts of the middle east. It has been used very long in ayurvedic medicines to increase energy, improve overall health, and reduce inflammation, pain, and anxiety.
Research has also shown that it reduces levels of cortisol, basically a hormone that your adrenal glands release in response to stress.
Moreover, research shows that ashwagandha helps in building muscle growth, enhances memory, and male fertility, and helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
Triphala is an ayurvedic remedy consisting of three ayurvedic spices namely
Amla(Emblica Officinalis, or Indian gooseberry)
Triphala helps in reducing inflammation caused by arthritis as well as prevents the growth of certain types of cancer. It helps reduce joint pain, improves digestion, and promotes oral health.
Triphala helps in dealing with these health factors:-
- 1. Boosting oral health
Some researchers have come to a conclusion that rinsing the mouth with Triphala helps in dealing with oral health problems such as,
- 2. Skin healing
- 3. Stomach ulcers
- 4. Digestive health
- 5. Stress & Anxiety
Triphala helps in dealing with stress & anxiety.
Brahmi is a therapeutic herb commonly used as a memory enhancer. It enhances the three aspects of memory which include long-term memory, short-term memory, and retaining capacity. It regulates the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes.
Benefits of Brahmi:-
- 1. Brahmi reduces stress & anxiety as it decreases the level of cortisol.
- 2. Brahmi helps in boosting your memory. It has a positive effect on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, concentration, and memory.
- 3. Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life.
- 4. Regular consumption of Brahmi helps in strengthening the immune system.
- 5. Reduces blood pressure.
Shatavari is also known as Asparagus Racemosus. It is an ayurvedic herb that is known as a female-friendly herb. Shatavari is also helpful in breast development as it increases breast milk production by regulating hormonal balance.
Some benefits of Shatavari are:-
- Helps in relieving acidity
- Reduce inflammations Maintain blood sugar levels
- Enhance immunity power
- Improve the female reproductive system
- Reduce symptoms of menopause
Licorice is considered one of the world’s oldest herbs which come from the root of the licorice plant(Glycyrrhiza glabra). Because of its sweet flavor, it’s been used in various preparations such as herbal teas, candies, capsules, and liquid extracts.
The benefits of licorice are as follows:-
- Treats cold & cough
- Reduces stress
- It May help treat peptic ulcers
- Protect against cavities
- Boost weight loss